Saturday, February 25, 2012

Painted and Stenciled

One of my first pieces of furniture in France was a desperate and quick buy, to be frank a worthless shelving system. Just needed to put a few things in order without breaking the pocket, was this, well ugly duckling 
I have been contemplating throwing it out for a while, but was held back by the thought that it actually wasn't tired looking and I was hoping to find someone who needs it and will use it. Ever since I heard of the magic paint I've been itching to paint stuff, everything. So I grabbed my white chalk paint and went to work. Plain white seemed rather dull and ever since I bought the book "Quick and Easy Transformations" by Annie Sloan I figured it wouldn't hurt to try out a few things. I wanted a different kind of stencil pattern that I only could find in an American website and I'm not the type that wants to buy an item cheap only to pay a higher price for postage , so? I made my own stencil with these results




The final outcome?

Forgive my picture quality, but I'm quite pleased with the outcome of the shelf. Probably still going to give it away, but ill keep it for a while till I find something new to paint, fuss and fret over.
wonderful weekend to you
thnx for dropping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment