Friday, January 20, 2012

A throw away society

Does it not amaze you the things we accumulate? The fashion we today follow becomes the junk we will tomorrow discard without a thought.
Throwing away


Though I am not an extreme "save the planet" and "recycle" fanatic, I do so appreciate the thought and understand the deep feelings of those who are somewhat extremists in this regard.
I have not lived very long in this world, but I agree completely that human society has changed, and is still changing rapidly, many say for good, some say we're heading for a down fall, and agree I do.
One of the most shocking downfalls is the way people are quick to discard possessions. "Oh the packet of biscuits is open so ill throw away the whole pack". "The television is out of fashion, ill get a newer, bigger and better one". "Ill upgrade my computer" and the most popular lately, "Ill get a new and younger spouse, because, well... this one and I are just not compatible anymore."Oh really? and who's fault is that?

Throwing away the old for something new.What happens to the old stuff? I don't know, some of it becomes rotten, some of it becomes toxic, the lucky one gets picked up, fixed and treasured.
I am a treasure hunter, I will not pretend never to buy, but I will trade picking up old stuff and accepting other peoples old stuff to buying new ones anytime.
Why don't you try it, why don't we all try it, it will make you happier, will certainly relieve your pocket from all the lies from organized commerce, that the more you buy the better and happier you are or will be.Believe me you are not getting any happier than you are, at least not from digging a hole in your bank account thats for sure.In hard times like these, people need to save every penny they may have for a real rainy day.
So off to the junk we go, remember, one mans garbage, is another mans treasure.


Thank you